Handweaver

Handweaver

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Winter Morning Prayer

Good morning,
It is early Sunday morning... quiet and dark.... the snow covered ground creates a gray lite outside my bedroom window.
I love early mornings in the winter. Sundays are the very best of mornings .... a symbol of a new week and day set aside to reflect and give a thankful salute to the week gone by and look forward to the adventures of a new beginning.
Early morning coffee seems to last and linger and each sip is better than the last. I love to listen to the sounds of the house in the early darkness.... the furnace humming along and the sounds of my house creaking as the wind blows against the sturdy bricks and mortar. I love the sounds of those busy birds just outside my window. Making plans for spring nests and beautiful soft pink spring babies.
As the sky slowly fades from darkness to early morning light, I plan my day... my week.... I say prayers for my family and friends and I thank God for all of my beautiful blessings.
Amen

No comments: