Handweaver

Handweaver

Sunday, November 5, 2017

Fall Back


Today is Sunday, November 5, 2017!!!
So many things have happened in my life since my last post over two years ago!
Where do I begin?
I guess I can begin with what is the same....
well... I still live on my beautiful farm.... most of the time..
I am still spinning and weaving and knitting and as usual, not nearly as much as I would like to but still find time to reconnect my thoughts and my heart and find my inner balance through the comfort of handwork.
So... what is new in my life...????
I left my position as curator of Meadowcroft Museum and took an Assistant Professor position of Communication at Bluefield West Virginia State College. It is a 4 hour drive from my farm and I travel there once a week and teach my classes then I return to the farm on Wednesdays or Thursdays....
It is quite a commute... the drive is very picturesque especially now the leaves are turning.. little late this year but truly spectacular!
I am working with a new company designing mens garments. My first design is a hoodie sweater.

Preserving Life's Journey

I am moving forward on several new/old adventures that I had to put on hold until my professional career became more grounded.
Preserving Life's Journey is a brainstormed idea of mine and I am finally ready to launch this idea into the world. My mission for this project is just what the name implies.....
I would like to provide a service that helps preserve history through preservation, documentation and education.  
Preserving Life's Journey will provide people with an opportunity to share their stories through the organization of their personal collections found in the things they have collected over the years. Photographs, clothing, uniforms, certificates, videos are all things we collect that tells "Our" story. Many of these things are lost when family members downsize into smaller homes, move into nursing homes or pass away. Their story gets lost as family members are now faced with the daunting task of selling a homestead and the contents of the home. Sons and daughters are overwhelmed and want to just "get rid" of all this stuff as quickly as possible. Later many regret the hasty decisions they made, selling priceless family heirlooms and personal treasures of their loved ones.
It is through careful planning, organization and the curatorial expertise of Preserving Life's Journey families can now thoughtfully decide how to manage family possessions.

I am also working on a textile utube and I will post my productions on this blog page...
I will share with you a few photos of my life's journey over the last few years....

This is a history lovers must read!!!!!!





Dinner with my daughter Samantha

 My first time visit to San Francisco... Of course I had to find a furry friend!! His feathers are beautiful... there is a handwoven scarf to be made using the color combos!!

New adventure... I bought kayaks... sailing away at Cross Creek!!

My sweet snuggle puppy.... Jed..

For some strange reason I have a passion for adding a little fur to my handmade garments... I wonder why.....


Who else would own an 1932 bible gum pink sewing machine.....??? This little princess has the most precious stitches... and the sound of the machine is just heavenly!!!

 My dear handsome Stephen.... the quote below says everything!!!!


Until next time.....

Blessings to all
B

No comments: